The YouGov poll published a few hours ago shows that NHS staff are very unhappy with Andrew Lansley’s plans for our NHS. They think it’ll mean patient care gets worse, the NHS will become less efficient and more bureaucratic. They also think the changes could lead to charges being introduced.
But what can you do if you work for the NHS and are worried?
If you haven’t already don’t forget to sign the Save our NHS petition here. Then why not write to your royal college or professional body and let them know your views.
It’s quick and easy to do. Below is a long list of Associations, Academies, Societies and Colleges. If you’re a member of any of them please write to them now and ask them to highlight the huge opposition within the NHS to Andrew Lansley’s plans.
- Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS) – Contact: Magali Fontaine, President c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Academy of Audiology – Contact: Mr Gareth Smith, President c/o email@example.com
- British Society of Audiologists – Contact: Dr David Baguley, Chair c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists -Contact: Mr Peter Honeycombe, Chair, c/o email@example.com
- British Psychological Society – Contact: Dr Carol Allan, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Association of Occupational Therapists and College of Occupational Therapists -Contact: Julia Scott, Chief Executive: CEO@cot.co.uk
- British Dietetic Association – Contact: Andy Burman, Chief Executive, email@example.com
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society -Contact: Lesley-Anne Baxter, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists – Contact: Phil Gray, Chief Executive: email@example.com
- College of Paramedics - Contact: David Hodge, Chief Executive c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Operating Department Practitioners - Contact: Bill Kilvington, President: email@example.com
- Doctors – Contact your Royal Colleges via: http://callonyourcollege.blogspot.com/
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists -Contact: Kamini Gadhok, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society – Contact: Martin Astbury, President: email@example.com
- Society for Chiropodists and Podiatrists -Contact: Joanna Brown, Chief Executive: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Society of Radiographers – Contact: Richard Evans, Chief Exec c/o email@example.com
- Institute of Biomedical Science - Contact: Derek Bishop, President c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association for Perioperative Practice – Contact: Tracy Coates, President: email@example.com
If you don’t see a college listed, or get a response from a college, do share it in the comments below.